Baleen Alpha Released!
Congratulations! You have been selected to become an alpha tester in the newest chat client: Baleen! Baleen is a chat client that helps you connect with your friends easier than ever before! We've gotten rid of all of the clutter in most chat rooms to get right down to what the user needs. And if you're interested in making new friends, we can help with that too. Welcome to Baleen.
I already made up Baleen a super long time ago when I started working on my bigger visual novel, Aspen buuut I figured it wouldn't hurt to take just a tiny break. I was originally just gonna make the UI and work on the writing later for Metaparadox's Ace Jam, then I... kind of dug myself into a hole realizing I had a lot of characters I wanted to play with a bit more.
I think it said I can work on it before the jam, at least. It's not like it's competitive so I only feel bad for myself! Haha!
Anyways, Baleen is definitely just absolute bare bones right now it's not even done but there is definitely more to come.
- Draw up Baleen's logo
- Create a proper playlist in game
- Draw and implement everyone's icons
I probably should've put placeholders for more than just Kaleb
- Finish writing the story
- Brainstorm more bonus conversations
- Make some more songs
- Finish the UI
- Implement Masahiko's terrible cursed images
If there's anything else anyone would like to see, or if anyone has any questions, I'm all ears.
Build 1.0 (At least that's what it says, it's more like a Build 0.1.)
- Kaleb can interrogate Masahiko, Reynard, Stacy, and Merlynne.
- There are three(? four?) bonus conversations available.
- You can listen to one song. One whole. I made four, but I can only figure out how to play one through the in-game music player. I'll figure it out later.
It's 3 in the morning. Good night.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.